Oscar-Claude Monet (1840-1926) is a famous French painter and one of the founders of the Impressionism movement along with his friends Renoir, Sisley and Bazille.
Monet rejected the traditional approach to landscape painting and instead of copying old masters he had been learning from his friends and the nature itself. Monet observed variations of color and light caused by the daily or seasonal changes.
Claude Monet was born on November 14, 1840 on the fifth floor of 45 rue Laffitte,in the ninth arrondissement of Paris. He was the second son Claude Adolphe Monet and Louise-Justine Aubree. On the first of April 1851, Monet entered the Le Havre secondary school of the arts. He became known locally for this charcoal caricatures, which he would sell for ten to twenty francs. Monet also undertook his first drawing lessons from Jacques-Francois Ochard, a former student of Jacques-Louis David. On the beaches of Normandy in about 1856/1857 he meet fellow artist Eugéne Boudin who became his mentor and taught him to use oil paints. Boudin taught Monet "en plein air" (outdoor) techniques for painting.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- High quality printed canvas stretched and stapled to durable shrink resistant frames.
- 1.50" thick stretcher bars for gallery quality profile.
- Canvases are printed and hand stretched in the USA by professionals.
- Hanging accessory kit included.
- All Wall26 Products are made in and shipped from the USA.Be aware of counterfeit sellers with inferior products. Our products will never ship from China or overseas.
We use high quality canvases which are designed specifically for canvas printing. Our canvas is a white semi-gloss artists canvas.
We use latest HP Latex inks during printing process allowing our products to be fade resistant for up to 100 years.
Canvas pictures are stretched on wooden stretcher frames. All frames are of the highest quality.