About Sandro Botticelli’s The Birth Of Venus
Thinking about getting this Birth Of Venus print for your space?
Sandro Botticelli created this wonderful masterpiece in the 1480s.
The work depicts Venus (also known as Aphrodite), who is the Greek goddess of love. She stands nude on a large seashell as she rises from the sea.
According to legend, she was born as an adult from the sea. In the work on the left is Zephyr the god of the wind, who is blowing her to shore. On the right of the painting, you can see one of the Horae, who were minor goddesses that attended to Venus.
This painting is an iconic masterpiece of the renaissance.
Today this work is in the Uffizi Gallery in Italy.
Shop the Botticelli Birth of Venus canvas now!
About The Birth Of Venus Print
- Enter the ID number to verify the fit.
- Stable shrink-resistant frames and quality canvases.
- 1.50” Density stretchers for an art gallery-style look.
- Stretched, prepared, and finished in the United States.
- Every order comes with a hanging kit.
- We manufacture our products in the United States. Our products will never ship from overseas. Beware of fraudulent sellers with substandard products.
- We make our canvases specifically for our printing process. The blank unprinted canvases are white.
We utilize only HP Latex inks in our print process. This process allows our canvas prints to be resistant to fading for as long as 100 years.
We only use high-quality frames. The stretching of our canvases uses wooden stretchers.
Shop this Birth Of Venus print today!
About The Artist
Sandro Botticelli was an Italian artist who lived from 1445-1510. His work is a very standard representation of the Early Italian Renaissance. Botticelli is famous for his paintings featuring mysticism and mythology. Some of his most famous works depict the Virgin Mary or Greek Gods. After his death, Botticelli was not revered until the late 1800s. Botticelli lived in the same Florence neighborhood for his entire life.