About Jean-Leon Gerome’s Pygmalion And Galatea
Interested in this Pygmalion And Galatea print?
Jean-Leon Gerome painted this masterpiece in 1890.
The work depicts a scene from the ancient Roman and Greek legend of Pygmalion.
In the story, Pygmalion becomes deeply in love with one of his statue creations. One time as he kisses her, she comes to life by the Goddess of love Aphrodite.
Gerome was also a sculptor and might have been able to empathize with Pygmalion.
Get this Pygmalion And Galatea canvas today!
About The Pygmalion And Galatea Print
- Enter the ID number to verify the fit.
- Stable shrink-resistant frames and quality canvases.
- 1.50” Density stretchers for an art gallery-style look.
- Stretched, prepared, and finished in the United States.
- Every order comes with a hanging kit.
- We manufacture our products in the United States. Our products will never ship from overseas. Beware of fraudulent sellers with substandard products.
- We make our canvases specifically for our printing process. The blank unprinted canvases are white.
We utilize only HP Latex inks in our print process. This process allows our canvas prints to be resistant to fading for as long as 100 years.
We only use high-quality frames. The stretching of our canvases uses wooden stretchers.
Shop the Pygmalion And Galatea print now for an incredible price with free shipping!
About The Artist
Jean-Leon Gerome was a French artist alive from 1824-1904. His most widespread works are ancient Roman, Greek, African and Oriental scenes, as well as nudes. Gerome traveled extensively through Italy during his lifetime He was both an academic and a teacher.